- (As mentioned in my last post) There are only three countries on earth that do not provide guarantees for paid maternity leave: Papua New Guinea & Swaziland & The UNITED FREAKING STATES OF AMERICA.
- FMLA guarantees 12 weeks of UNPAID leave but only for companies with over 50 employees.
- In 2011, Only 11% of private sector workers (and 17% of public sector workers) reported having access to paid family leave through their employer.
We’ve got to do better…..
- How The Zero Weeks Of Paid Maternity Leave In The U.S. Compare Globally
- 3 Reasons Why Card-Carrying Capitalists Should Support Paid Family Leave
- Paid Leave Is Good for Economy